Sunday, April 26, 2009

Random Recipe

I was chatting with my old roommate from BYU-Hawaii on facebook. We talked about how we used to sit around and make up recipes and try new things together. We'd look at our cupboards and see what we could possibly combine to make a meal. Stir fry is one of my favorite "throw together" meals. Sometimes all it takes are some spaghetti noodles, a bag of frozen veggies (oriental blend), and some teriyaki sauce. Here is the GOOD recipe for stir fry that I gave my friend online and it's what I made just the other night.Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
  • Broccoli
  • Carrots (Julienne or Matchstick)
  • Yellow Squash (Sliced)
  • Zuccini (Sliced)
  • Red Onion (Sliced)
  • Mushrooms (Sliced)
  • Sugar Snap Peas or Snow Peas (Trim ends)
  • Japanese Noodles
  • 1 bottle of House of Tsang: Korean Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce

Cook the noodles according to package directions. Again, you can substitute spaghetti noodles but I think Japanese noodles taste better. Drain noodles and set aside. Saute vegetables in olive oil or butter, depending on how healthy you want to be. Once they are cooked through, add noodles and the Korean Stir Fry sauce. Stir until completly mixed. You probably won't use the whole bottle of sauce, maybe half of it (Depends on how many noodles and veggies you cooked). If you want, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Really, you can add whatever veggies you want. That's the wonderful thing about stir fry.
(You can easily add meat to this recipe. If you do, just cut chicken, pork, or beef into stir fry slices and marinade in Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce for 1-2 days. The longer you marinade the better it tastes. Trust me on the brands of sauce I give you, I've tried every teriyaki sauce out there and these are the best. Cook the meat in pan with oil separate from Noodles and Veggies and then combine all with sauce.)

2 comments:

loveland9 said...

Looks good, I'll have to try it. You're right about the Yoshida's. It really is the best.

Becca said...

I give you 10 points on 'plating'. Your photos make it look delicious!