Saturday, February 25, 2012

Dumpling Dinner Party

Some friends and I got together for a Dumpling Dinner Party.  I got the idea because I saw something like it on Food Network where a group of friends got together and made all kinds of different dumplings.  It looked like so much fun and I had a few friends who were willing to try out the idea with me.  It was a success and we all had a good time and got try new foods.  This is what we made....

I made Banh Bao, it's a Vietnamese steamed bun with a pork filling, Chinese Sausage, and a slice of hard boiled egg.

 My friend Kelli made a Dumpling Soup with carmelized onions and bacon and potatoes and dumplings.

I also made Wonton Soup, my mothers recipe.  It was a tasty treat that everyone seemed to enjoy.

Angela made Gnocchi from scratch.  It was so yummy, it tasted like a thick noodle which I love.  She served it with Spaghetti Sauce.

I made some Ebelskivers with my fancy Ebelskiver pan.  It's a Danish dish, basically just a filled pancake ball. I filled mine with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.


Katie made the most AMAZING Apple Dumplings.  They were sinfully delicious.

It's good to have good friends.  I'm glad they were willing to try out my silly idea of a Dumpling Dinner Party.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I don't think that's a silly idea. I think your idea is genius. And it all looks so mouth watering!