Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

I had a good Valentine's day! First, my old roommate from BYU-Hawaii, Adrian, and her husband, Kashif, came down for a wedding but made a stop to come visit with me! We've had so many good times and it is just fun to be reunited with old friends.Here is a picture of us with our other roommates, Jamie and Jane, back in Hawaii. We always did silly things together like braiding each others hair for a dance.
Then when Bret came home from work we dropped Kien off at a friends house to babysit him. They have a little girl named Sophie that is Kien's age and I watch her too so we just trade off when we need to. Bret's boss (the parent's of Sophie) gave us a $40 gift certificate to Ninja's for Bret's Christmas bonus. We saved it for Valentine's day. It was so much fun! It was Hibachi (which I've never done before) and we had a chef cook right in front of us. He made a volcano of onions with fire coming out of it. He also threw shrimp at us to catch in our mouths. Poor Bret missed twice so I just fed him one of my shrimp. (This is not our actual chef but I didn't get a picture so I just ripped this off the internet. Close enough.)Bret and I realized that this was probably the first time that we've gone out just the two of us since Kien was born! I love my little guy but it was really nice to just be alone with Bret. We held hands and I just felt, I dunno, connected I guess. Now I see why people say that parent's should go out on a date alone once a week. Maybe when we're rich and can afford to go out and have a babysitter. I actually forgot our camera for a date so we had to get a picture with Bret's cell phone so sorry for the image quality.
Afterwards we just went and walked around the new Walgreen's. When I went in it felt like I was back in Maryland on my mission. We always went to CVS and Walgreen stores out there. I don't remember why. Maybe to develop pictures. But I hadn't been in one since then. Then we went to pick up Kien from his date with little Sophie.
It was a good day.

6 comments:

Melody said...

I am glad you had a Happy Valentine's Day. That is such a cute picture of Kien with Sophie. Wouldn't that be funny if they get married. LOL! Justin always says I am a geek when I say things like that. I love Walgreen's. Ever since I had Gabe and took him there he loves their cheap toy aisle. Me and Justin have hardly been on any dates since we had Tug too. I wish you lived closer so I could babysit for you.

Lorilee said...

Your Valentine's Day sounded like a whole lot of fun. I am glad that you got to see one of your old roomies. Your date with Brett sounded cool. I haven't even heard of that place. I'll have to try it out.

Nilsson Family said...

Fun! We were actually able to go out on V day too, and it was great. But it is so weird not to have your little one tagging along. So I am excited about the twins but really nervous too. Hows your sis? How was her labor? Was she on bed rest? Any advise?Sorry, I have so many questions!!

loveland9 said...

Hey, glad you got out. It's been that long??? Don't wait until you're rich! Bring cute little Kien down and go out. I'm serious. What's one more baby?

Maria said...

WE had hibachi too for Valentine's day! It was so much fun. I missed both my shrimp in my mouth. I definately ate enough for two though!

Rob N Amy said...

I love the braids. they are smokin hot. we miss you guys so much. i'm glad u went on a date. they are so necessary.