After an ultrasound it turns out that baby girl is a bit smaller than she should be. I am 35 weeks and she is only 4 lbs. 7 oz. The doctors are concerned that she isn't getting enough nutrition and that is the cause of her small size. They worry that there might be something wrong with the cord attachment since that has something to do with preeclampsia and we know that that is in my history. Because she is small they think that it would be for the best to go ahead and take her out next week (36 weeks). Here's the problem though- she turned BREECH! Because she is in the breech position they will have to do a c-section. I am not thrilled about that at all. They could try an inversion which is where they push on your stomach really hard and try to turn the baby around. At first I thought that this is what I would do but then I found out that it's not only really painful for the mother, it is also painful to the baby. It can also put the baby into stress and that would lead to an emergency c-section. The doctor said that a planned c-section is better than an emergency one because it reduces the chances of something going wrong and also reduces the risks of infection, etc.
After much thought and prayer we came to the decision that we'll schedule a planned c-section on Thursday (8/19) which was as far off as I can put this. Then we'll be praying and hoping our hearts out that between now and then she will just turn on her own so that instead of a c-section we can have an induction. We'd love it if you could mention us in your prayers as well that this stubborn little baby girl will turn and get into the right position!!! Thanks!