Thursday, July 21, 2011

10 Down, 20 to Go

I hate to publicly talk about trying to lose weight. What if I fail? Everyone will know. I guess that's why I'm posting in my blog (where I have just a couple of readers) instead of Facebook (where I have 400 friends).

Bret often asks me what my goals are for weightloss but I am afraid to put a number on it. I want to just relish and celebrate each pound lost. If I pick a number too high and I don't reach it, I don't want to feel like a failure. So far I have lost 10 lbs and that makes me super happy (line stolen from Ni Hao Kai Lan). If I lost 20 more then I will be at my mission weight, when I first met Bret. I think I'd be pretty thrilled to be there again. It's a high number but I am going to try for it. That is all. :)

3 comments:

kristina said...

I couldn't decide between "you can do it!" or "do or do not, there is no try."

take your pick. :)

löki gale said...

:)

Do not think of it is weight loss - instead, think of it as happiness and energy gain!

Those first few weeks are hard, but it sounds like you are over them and moving onto "lifestyle" change!

Keep going!

loveland9 said...

Good for you Lynn. Not so much the weight loss, but happy with what you're doing and accomplishing. It's tough. I'm starting today. I have all the same worries, concerns, "what ifs" in my head. The worry of failing. I guess it's more common than we think. Hugs