Sunday, March 8, 2009

Trip to SLC Area

This week Kien and I went on a little trip up North. First we stopped in Orem for a farewell dinner at the Golden Corral for a missionary leaving from Nome, AK (my home town). It was so fun to meet up with a bunch of people from Nome that I knew. A bunch of LDS Nomites have moved to Utah. It's inevitable. I forgot to take pictures so here is an old picture of the Nome Branch that I grew up in. The little boy on the far right holding another little boy is the one that went on his mission. Am I getting old or what????Then we went up to Grandma and Grandpa Hicken's house in Syracuse. Kien had a great time with them. Then I took Kien down to The Living Planet Aquarium with my mission companion Holly Beecher and her nephew, Anderson. It was a good time.

My mission companion, Holly Beecher and her nephew, Anderson.
For some reason, this was Kien's favorite Exhibit.
It was fun but the place was a lot smaller than I imagined. I think Kien liked it though. On our last day up North I went shopping with my mother-and-sister-in-law. We got some good deals at Savers and Kohls. On our drive back down we stopped in Orem again, this time to have dinner with another mission companion, Shannon Ogden Jensen. We ate at her parents house and her husband was there too. It was so fun to catch up and hang out with them. Again, I didn't take pictures of this so here is an old one of Ogden, Munn (Me), and Kay in the Marlyand Baltimore Mission. We were so cool!It was a really fun trip. It made me want to move up North because that is where so many of my friends are! I like Cedar City but it just seems like every time I make friends they end up moving away. Anyways, that was our week.

5 comments:

loveland9 said...

I'm not going anywhere. Come live by me! I would love to have a crazy nomeite by me.

Lorilee said...

I didn't even know there was such a thing as anomeite. And to think that I am related to one. I feel honored. I am glad that you had a good visit up north. If you moved, then I would see you even less. That would be sad for us, but good for the grandparents.

Jill said...

I am glad you had a great time up here in the SLC area! I wouldn't mind if you moved up here, then we could play!

Scott, Brooke, & Mason said...

I just left a comment on your park post but as a ps to that...can you ask Kristi barnes to add me to her stinkin friends! She left a comment on my blog but I can't see hers now! Tell her to add me as scottbryner29@hotmail.com.
THANK YOU!

Melody said...

The Living Planet Aquarium seems like it should be bigger for what they charge! I am glad you could see so many people and have a fun time. I think Sister Kay and Beecher served after I was gone. What hot sisters you ladies were/are! Is Kay the one that married Elder Thacker?