Sunday, March 22, 2009

Twilight Party

Don't worry, this will probably be the last twilight post until November when New Moon comes out. So I got together with some other girls for a twilight party! I was probably more excited about it than the rest of them. We mimicked the dinner that Bella has on her first date with Edward at La Bella Italiana. It was mushroom ravioli, bread sticks, and salad.
Mushroom Ravioli.
Also, I was going to make a layered red velvet cake. It was supposed to be beautiful. Well after the first layer finished baking I was trying to loosen the edges of the pan by giving it a little shake. Silly me, I did this over the sink and I shook the cake right out into a bowl of water sitting in the sink. I was so mad, you have no idea. So I used the batter saved for the second layer to make these little cupcakes instead.
Here's a shot of the DVD we watched, the prizes to our trivia game, party favors (The lotion smells like Freesia which is what Edward tells Bella she smells like), and the cute invitations I made on the right.
The Girls: Amy, Lynn, Arley, Ann, Jennifer, and Jill. What a cool group of girls! It was Amy and Jennifer's first time watching the movie. Amy caught me staring at her multiple times because I wanted to see the reaction on her face.
I just had to include these pictures. This is my sister's, Kim, spread for her twilight party up in Nome, Alaska. They looked like they had a great time too!

8 comments:

loveland9 said...

Okay, how cute are you? Looks like a fun party. I would have loved to have seen Amy's face too. Or mine rather. :)

Anonymous said...

My partay was the BOMB! Edward, Bella, and Jacob were there.

Kim @citygirlinak said...

wish we could have celebrated with you! everything looked great!

Mary said...

Although I do not support this madness, the party still looked fun.

Lorilee said...

I still am cluesless about what the heck Twilight is...but that is beside the point. You're party sounded like a blast. Darling ideas. Again, another great cake! Let us party sometime.

Emily Alexander said...

How fun Lynn! Cute ideas:)

Rob N Amy said...

Alright, I think you are Twilight crazy. But it looks like a fabulous party. I am starting to feel left out. I guess I should read the book and see the movie.

Amber said...

Yay, found your blog. Looks like the Twilight party was a success. Cute decorations, idea, etc.!
Just saw the movie... not sure what to think about it really...